Monday, February 23, 2009

Really, Mom?

Talk about embarrassing.

My mom has always been embarrassing in the usual ways that moms are. But recently she has taken it to an extreme. As a nurse, she is always in the presence of eligible interns and residents at a local hospital. I of course, being desperate, jokingly tell her to hook a girl up! HELLO! Why not?

This is why.

Mom has told me about these future-doctors ever since I could remember. The hotties, the notties, nerds, snobs, you name it. I think she has been feeling more brazen (or simply senses my desperation) lately because she told me about one (married) resident who has my realistic dream car (white Audi A4), and told him all about her boring brunette daughter. Lucky me, crazy mom and a boring accountant. I'm sure they are going to be lining up for my number.

The anonymous bragging I can deal with.

Sharing my photo with this Audi'd resident and asking him if he has friends who might be interested?

Mortifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment