Sunday, November 18, 2012

City Slicking

Well, kids. I'm officially a New Yorker.  This means a gazillion single men and way too many nights at the bars.  I will say that over the past couple years, I have changed my behavior tremendously. I steer clear of blacking out and having one night stands.  I try to have a bit more discretion and avoid public makeouts at (almost) all costs.  That said, I do frequently have bizarre experiences with the opposite sex so I figured I may as well document it. I have so many questions, yet so few answers.

Let's start with a few recent examples:

  • My Sunday Funday turned into a dinner date, followed by Pawn Stars on the couch with a bottle of Pinot and laughing with my roommate. He never called.
  • Closing down the bar with a guy who thought I was familiar at the gym, and a quick (but pretty good!) kiss good-bye. He never called.
  • Talking to a guy who lives in Indonesia at the bar last night. He told me I was a very attractive girl and he was surprised I was single (??), then asked my my long term plan. And why I didn't want to get married soon. I said I wanted to make money. He legit RAN away.
  • Guy who told me I was just his type and monopolized a solid hour of my time at the bar. And never even gave me the courtesy ask for my phone number.
Nothing out of the ordinary of course. Just the typical highs and lows of being single in the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment