Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Blackout Makeout

When I have a little too much to drink, I often forget bits and pieces and details of the night. When I drink way too much, I tend to forget just about everything except for a few bits and pieces. In college, I laughed this off and figured it was probably bad anyways. Now is a different story.

I began the day of the St. Patrick's Day parade with an egg sandwich and an Irish coffee. My friends, Lila and Janelle, and I were determined to have a ridiculously fun and out of control day.

That we did.

We proceeded to venture in and out of crowded bars, chugging our drinks to go back onto the street, where we'd make new friends and only find ourselves back inside the closest pub. I'd like to blame that last car bomb (which I only recall from a photograph) for putting me over the edge.

I digress.

After blacking out, I somehow managed to find myself no longer in a bar, but walking into the hotel across the street. I was not alone. I was with a guy I sort of knew/had always seen around but I always thought (and I think he thinks so too) he was way too hot to bother trying to flirt with or get to know. So (I think) we were making out in the hotel lobby area, when he pulled me upstairs and into an empty hotel conference room, complete with folding tables and a podium. Unfortunately, I am not quite sure what occurred there. I don't think we talked very much, I remember him mumbling something about grad school and insisting we get a room upstairs. For some reason I refused this incredibly hot-bodied fellow. Why?

Maybe I subconsciously knew I wouldn't remember anyway. After all, I still have no idea how long I was separated from my friends for, and what exactly went on in the conference room. I really wish I did because I think the story would have been one for the books. To be honest, I'm not even sure I was with the hottie! It really could have been someone else, since the image I have in my head is very vague and blurry. I mean, I'm like 99% sure and I do recall certain images that resemble his perfect abs. I just hope that if I happen to run into him again, he was blacked out, too in case I said anything embarrassing? Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment