Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Dating Dilemma

My cousin is getting married in a few weeks. Tonight, I am forced to miss three of my good friends' joint birthday party to prepare for tomorrow's shower. Heaven forbid I show up to the shower with the unpleasant grimace of a hangover.

In any case, I suppose I'll just celebrate with the girls another night. But I, at age 23.5, am invited under the umbrella of my parents. And while I'm happy about not having to purchase gifts on my own limited funds, this also eliminates any possibility of bringing a date.

Fret not, there's no one I have an interest in taking. In fact, I thought intensely about who I would bring should I have the option. Would I really like to bring a guy around my ENTIRE extended family? Especially one who isn't my boyfriend? Or unlikely ever going to become my boyfriend? And then bear the questions about him for months (if not years) to come? Unlikely. But what if I did have someone in mind, and didn't have the option to take him. Even if I thought he could handle a bunch of wacky drunks, would I want to bear the thought of answering endless questions? I don't know. But I guess I won't have to worry about it, either.

1 comment:

  1. SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE MY IDOL, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY FOR MONTHS!!! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete