Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Burn.

For the past few months, I have been communicating on and off with Kendall's ex-boyfriend's roommate's roommate. A friend of a friend of a friend if you will? A while back (before Kendall's ex became her ex) a bunch of us went out and had a good time. He lives in the town where I work, and chat on facebook and what not. I'm not sure what he thinks of me, but I thought he was reasonably attractive and seemed super nice. While I had no intentions of dating him, I at least thought he could be a new friend. So while out with coworkers at a weekly summer music thing in the town where I work, we decided we'd meet up. He told me where he was and I didn't rush to that bar. Instead I wandered with my coworker until I felt I was ready to go flirt? Make small talk? Drink? With this acquaitance.

Well, that didn't happen. I walked into the bar and we greeted each other...He introduced me to his (cute) buddy. Then he didn't say much, okay, anything so I beelined for the bar. After paying for my drink, I looked his way. He wasn't facing my area, so coworker and I did a couple laps around the bar. When we went back outside, she smoked a butt and I kept my eyes peeled. At this point, the guy was clearly not looking for me, nor did he notice me creeping ten feet away. I finished my drink and grabbed my coworker.

On our way out, I practically slammed into him on his way from the bar. He had three beers in hand, but did not so much as turn in my direction. Disgusted, defeated, and not quite drunk enough, Avery and I made our way home. I passed out, trying not to think about what had happened.

I woke up to a text the next morning that said, "I didn't even get to talk to you...". Sent at 1:14 am... a solid 3 hours after I'd given up and left the bar. Did he want to talk to me? Because it sure didn't seem that way. And I was not about to wait around and find out. Perhaps I'll run into him at some point, but I definitely will not be sending the first message on facebook chat. It just sucks that I thought maybe we could at least be friends, and after hello he brushed me off. Kendall said that he sometimes gets quiet and weird when he's drunk, and perhaps that was the case. But it's still a bit of a blow to the ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment