Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Eye F***er: Corporate Edition

As I have said before, I work on a large trading floor. Depsite the large percentage of males, the attractive ones are hard to come by. There is one particularly sexy male who seems to find me as hot as I find him.

Or it least it seems that way.

Whenever I see him on my way to the bathroom or to refill my eco-friendly water bottle, he catches my eye in an intense stare. Not just a normal "I'm checking you out" stare. No, this is totally way more of a "I'm undressing you with my eyes and doing naughty things to you" stare. Ok, maybe I strut in my best attempt to look like Heidi Klum at an Angels show. But this only started after the eye fucking began. Every time I walked by him, he stared ever so intensely. I did not initiate said eye fucking. I mean, I definitely noticed this man, who is well-dressed, dark haired, and chiseled. But really? At first, I figured he thought perhaps I was new and cute or perhaps looked familiar. But no, they've continued for months and have yet to stop!

At first I held out on telling my coworker, Avery. But eventually I needed validation that I was not insane in noticing these stares. On our way to the caf one day, I spotted him across the way and, without turning my head, told her he was to my left wearing the blue shirt. Sure enough, she looked and said "OMG! He's staring at you!". Validation felt good.

So this has happened a couple times now, me getting girlishly nervous when he is in close proximity (I chattered excessively when he was behind me and Avery in line for the cash register). And him staring at me, but not really reacting. I mean just yesterday, I was en route to the ladies room and he was walking perpendicular to me and TURNED HIS HEAD TO LOOK. I mean maybe he just has a staring problem? One time I managed a half smile, which he returned. And another time, we were alone in the kitchen, but I stood in the corner, avoiding eye contact. Why? I'm not sure. If he'd wanted to initiate a conversation, he could have made his way over. Really though, I prefer not knowing his name or his position (or relationship status). He's just much better mysterious. It'd really ruin the fun of a mutual eye fucking if we had to say that obligatory and awkward hello upon passing each other in the hallway. I don't know if he wants to do me or just think about it, but it sure makes it more fun to go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment