Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cock Boy

One night, Colby and I went to a Rangers game. Following the game, we wandered off to a couple of bars. Around the time we got to the second bar, I was +/- seven beers deep and quickly wandered off to the ladies room, where I proceeded to take a nap.

A short while later, I awoke somewhat refreshed and found Colby smooching a young man. She introduced me, but having been up since 6:00 am, I began to doze off while attempting the usual small talk. I was glad Colby was having a good time, and also found this Bro J's barstool uncannily comfortable. Soon after locking lips with this guy a few more times, Colby informed me that we had to run to catch the last train home. In the cab ride over, she told me all about this new boy and what a great conversation they had. They had similar interests and the best part was that he was from San Diego, where Colby lived for a few years after college.

A few days passed, and I asked Colby if she'd heard from "that guy she was making out with at the bar". She said that they'd been doing some texting and she perhaps wanted to meet up with him in the city on Halloween night. I was also planning to be in the city, so we made plans to go in together. Colby had been texting with San Diego on and off for the weeks in between, and told him she'd be in the city for Halloween. We began at a bar somewhere downtown, easing our way into what would surely be a long night.

Well, when it was nearing mid-night and I'd finished my second Red Bull vodka, I got really antsy. I told Colby I wanted to go see Kendall and Maura in Midtown, and it was getting late! Colby asked for 10 minutes to see if San Diego Boy was going to text her again. Having little trust in random guys met at bars (for many obvious reasons), I began to doubt that this dude would actually appear.

Surprisingly, he did! Unable to find a taxi, we walked blocks upon blocks to a party to meet him. When we met Mr. Coming to America himself, he turned out to be quite nice and the party was a blast! It was like college, complete with giant tupperwares filled with ice and canned beer and a sketchy bedroom for "secret" activities. I let them bond while fiending drunk dials from Elena, letting Colby get to know this fellow from the bar. Eventually, we decided it was time to move onto our next venue. Colby made plans to meet up with him later that week after he finished a mid-term.

When she texted him a few days later, asking how studying was going, he replied to her with the below, saying "thinking of you":





What a lovely way to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment