Monday, July 27, 2009

The Dad

As I have mentioned, my cousin Frieda has a much-older man friend, and we have lately been hanging out with him and his fellow men-friends. I call them such since they are both ten-plus years older than Frieda and me.

One of them is an established bachelor. The other is a divorced father of three.

Obviously, The Dad is the one who decided to get my number from Frieda. And who asked me out via text. Multiple times. While The Dad is a nice guy, successful in his career, and well...pretty hot, I just can't get past the whole idea of him being a dad. Am I horrible? I mean, one date with him does not mean I'll be expected to play Step Mom. But the whole idea just freaks me out. One harmless date could turn into a lot, and I wouldn't want to lead the Dad on. Especially since I'll be seeing him regularly with Frieda and her other man-friend.

Baggage is obviously something everyone has. A crazy ex, a broken heart, whatever. But kids? I think I'm a little too young to have to even think about dating someone who has them!

No comments:

Post a Comment