Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Rebounder

Lord knows I'm not one for relationships. But a few weeks ago I started talking to a guy who recently got out of a very serious relationship. Let's just say a lot of plans had to be canceled when they broke up and I'm sure their families lost a deposit or two. I can't even wrap my head around being in such a committed relationship.

I know minor details about their breakup, but from what I understand from secondary sources, he is still having a pretty tough time with the whole situation. While out at the bar on Sunday, he told me he got pretty upset while talking to one of our mutual friends and wanted to tell me before she did. I asked if it was the ex and he told me yes, and I basically told him I didn't want to know. He then looked at me sincerely upset, and alluded to how many years they went out. I frankly would rather be spared any further information.

But he has tapered off on calling, and I'm sure it could be for a number of reasons. Though I probably somehow screwed up (like always) I think the guy on the rebound is like a whole new species. After being tied down for so long, he probably wants to explore every option (and every p****) that's willing. Do I want to be one of many? Not so much. But I can't say I blame him. I just have to remember that although we may have some very real chemistry, he probably still wants to call up the Ex. He was apparently CRYING over the Ex. Therefore he's obviously not ready to move on, even to someone so fabulous and emotionally distant as myself. But the Rebounder has emotions I have yet to witness from my usual one-night stands. There are genuine feelings he has to get over. Someone he was with most everyday is now out of his life, except maybe (I assume) for the occasional phone call or e-mail. And even if he is trying his best to move on and get all the ass he can, I can't help but remember the framed photo of him and the Ex STILL on a shelf above his bed. I think I'm gonna have to give him some space to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment