Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Freak Out

I had a really rough week last week. I won't reveal details, but I was uncharacteristically stressed out and it showed.

Before my week from hell, things were going great. I finally had a grip on my life in general and thought things with a certain guy were moving in the right direction (even if it had barely been a week since we started talking). He called and said the right things and even seemed to be okay with me not sleeping with him right away.

Except I had a freak out and I told him about one (of more than one) issue I was having and why I was stressed. He seemed fine and normal but never called back that night. Concerned, I texted him the next day and apologized for my wacky behavior. He said he was worried about me and that was it. Never to be heard from again.

A guy friend of mine from school informed me never to freak out. That would obviously raise a red flag that I'm totally psycho. My girlfriends reassured me that I was justified in my freakout, but I still can't help to think that's why he disappeared. It's unfortunate that he experienced me flip, since it was probably the only time I'll do so all year. Or at least to this extent. But I guess I expected too much to think my freak out was justified. Am I just another crazy girl?

1 comment:

  1. single friend: When you meet a new guy, don't share all the details of your life with him at the start. This guy was probably a jerk anyway. Have some confidence in yourself. When you meet the right guy you will know it. He will persue you, by the way how old are you? you are probably very young and mr right will come along, just be patient. judywoody

    ReplyDelete