Friday, July 10, 2009

The Fellow Commuter

So it finally happened.

A fellow commuter hit on me on the train. It's about damn time!

I took my regular 7:44 this morning, and saw a guy (around my age) who I see most every day. Like me, he looks like he could be fun and normal but just wants to get to work. He is not particularly attractive but he isn't bad either.

Today he must have felt especially friendly. Perhaps it was the nice weather. Or that he displayed his strength and masculinity by holding the train door for me. Either way, after our 55 minute commute, he waited in his seat for me to come out of mine. Then he said hello.

No big deal, right? So we began the conversation and he asked where I worked and where I lived. I found out his name is Danny and he works at UBS. How exciting. He also commented that we're the only people our age who seem to make the treacherous commute. Hm. Since this is the case, perhaps next time I see him (this afternoon?) I should suggest we commiserate over a cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment