Monday, August 31, 2009

To Give or Not to Give

Sex. Blow Jobs. Which one is more intimate?

I personally think that having sex with someone is more intimate. I do and I have done everything else long before sleeping with someone. If I ever sleep with them at all. Giving them head just isn't really a big deal to me.

However, Janelle and Belinda think differently. They'd rather bypass the blow job and go all the way. Their logic is that putting it in your mouth is a bigger deal than... Letting him into you. Janelle and I even discussed this with a couple of our guy friends, who agreed that sex is usually a bigger deal. There is an exception for a bad blow job which is apparently (and understandably) a deal breaker.

I think it also depends if feelings are involved or not. If I actually like-like someone (rare), I ideally would try not to sleep to sleep with them right away. But it's hard for me to hold back and I often end up just blowing the guy. Maybe a little too soon. I'm really not sure this is any better or worse than having sex with him, but at least I don't have to tack on another one to my number.

A month or so ago I told a guy that I was in no way having sex with him. Yet. And he said he could respect that. Except we messed around in all sorts of ways and gave and received multiple times on a couple different occasions. I actually like(d) him and knew actually having sex with him would only make him disappear and me possibly like him more. Just as a side note, he recently invited me over. Wonder what he was after.

Is there really much of a difference though? Stick it in or don't? Maybe we think sex is a big deal because someone at some point in our lives told us not to have it, or simply because we know how it can change a relationship. I suppose this is a matter of personal preference. And for now, I'll keep doin' what I'm doin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment