Thursday, August 6, 2009

Too Shallow?

I have said it before and I'll say it again.

I consider myself quite a catch.

I'm smart, attractive, energetic, and fun as hell. And I expect a guy to be the same.

But attractive doesn't mean (at least to most) that he has to have a body like Paul Walker. I understand this. But I tend to pick out guys who are really good looking. Above average. Like myself? I don't know. But maybe eliminating someone from my radar based on their bad shoes might just be well, too shallow. But then again, am I shallow for doing so if I just don't find them attractive? I might not go after the guy with the stupid Ed Hardy t-shirt, but if he approached me, I probably wouldn't write him off right away. I guess it's because I'd like to hold a potential partner to the same standards at which I hold myself. And those standards are high.

The girls and I went out this weekend and as usual, the caliber of men was sub-par. But some talked to us and we didn't ignore them. Even the ones who weren't cute had less personality than my left toe! It's practically torture to try to talk to someone ugly and boring.

Maybe thinking that I deserve the best is holding me back. They say you'll know whether or not you like someone within like 3 minutes or some nonsense. Is this true? I'm no psychologist, so I don't know. If I meet a mediocre guy at the bar, get bored, and walk away, am I really ruining it for myself? Am I so shallow I'm keeping myself from something potentially great?

No comments:

Post a Comment