Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere?

As you may have noticed from some past entries, I tend to fall for lines pretty easily. Tell me I'm hot? I'll let you buy me a drink. Pretty? I'll most likely make out with you. Beautiful? Let's go somewhere private. Anything even more flattering? Well, let's just say we can stay in that private area. If I've had enough to drink, of course.

But why do I fall for these lines?

I mean, I often find myself thinking in the mirror that I'm pretty attractive overall. I can no longer blame my love handles for my singledom. At the very least, they are not the only reason. So then why is it when I guy I am otherwise NOT interested in flatters me with complete and utter BS, I completely melt? I mean, we all love a complement now and then. But even when I consciously know they are likely insincere, I still manage to hang on every word.

This weekend, I probably got myself in trouble by making out with a frat boy at the bar. He's dated/hooked up with a few too many girls in my (former) sorority. None currently, but still, not my brightest moment. And I was sober (amazingly so). I at first was great at resisting. No, I will not make out with you. No, no, sir. You had your shot. Keep dreaming.

But then he started feeding me lines.

And I KNEW they were lines, so I called him out.

But persist he did.

Ugh.

He just had to reel me in with the "beautiful", damnit.

This is not to say that a calling me a goddess is a surefire way to get me in bed. But doing so can certainly push me over the edge if I'm teetering.

No comments:

Post a Comment