Sunday, December 13, 2009

Minor Vindication?

I went out with Seraphina and her ex-but-current boyfriend last night, to the same place where Middlebury, Cornell and I had a snack and a shot. Figuring it couldn't hurt, I asked the waiter if perhaps a black velvet blazer had been left behind a couple nights before?

A moment later he appeared, a vision in an apron, toting my lost jacket.

So obviously I had to text Cornell to inform him.

He responded right away and we kept the convo short. But of course, he was just so damn sweet again. Perhaps I confuse his nice-ness with his liking me, I don't know. But now that my jacket has miraculously appeared (and Cornell acted normal via text), I feel slightly less filled with regret. Obviously, the post cocktail party behavior was not my best. But I am no longer out a hundred bucks, and I didn't have to feel like a pscyho when texting Cornell. Granted, I still hope he calls (he won't). And even if he still has my panties, I declare it his loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment