Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Effort

Today I asked my friend for advice on where I go wrong with guys. He said since he doesn't see me in relationships or with guys that it'd be a hard question for him to answer. And that he isn't necessarily the best person to ask. I tried to describe a bit to him. I told him that I usually don't text first. I am responsive, and with this particular guy he was normally first to make contact. He'd call and I'd call back.

Oddly enough my friend told me he prefers if girls make an effort at least 30% of the time. I initated a text now and again. But I didn't ask him to hang out. Perhaps it's my poor attempt at playing hard to get or a subconscious way of protecting myself from rejection. But isn't a little hard to get a good thing? I don't want to be that annoying needy girl. How do I find the happy medium? More effort or less?

No comments:

Post a Comment