Friday, September 25, 2009

The Elevator Ride

I work in a 27 floor office building. It's called "The ___ Financial Center" and most of the offices are either financial or law related. During a bomb scare, I once saw lots of sexy men in suits in the stairwell. But never again did I notice them in the lobby.

Today I went downstairs to the deli to grab breakfast. While waiting for the elevator, a rather attractive young man made eye contact and smiled. So I did the same and he said good morning.

We had a rather awkward back and forth "How are you? Good thanks, how are you?" until I stopped that by asking if he was happy it was Friday. We chatted about our upcoming weekend plans until I got off at my floor. He was getting off one floor above, which I believe is where Merrill Lynch offices are.

While we didn't exchange phone numbers or even first names, it was a nice boost to my morning. Perhaps I'll just start riding the elevator at lunch and see if I spy another hottie in a suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment