Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Slumber Party

I recently went out in the city with a few of the girls. We were celebrating Rhonda's birthday but the night wasn't turning out to be anything special. Korey, her friend and I wandered over to a different bar than the rest of the crew. Not long after ordering a drink did a young adult male approach us.

This kid, let's call him Rochester, informed us that the day before was his birthday. And in celebration of that, he'd buy us shots. He ordered Jagerbombs for me and the girls and we bedrungingly took them. Though since I was a bit too sober for my liking, I accepted the free drink with open arms.

Somehow Rochester and I started chatting, and I found out we knew someone in common. Of course he went to high school with a kid I knew in college. Korey and friend returned to the bar next door to Rhonda and the rest of the crew, leaving me alone with Rochester. It turns out he works at JP Morgan and actually seemed quite interested in what I had to say. Before I knew it he was asking me to continue this conversation at his apartment. I questioned this, and tried calling Janelle for advice. Unfortunately Janelle had passed out by this point and therefore I could not go sleep at her apartment. And I didn't really feel like trekking to the other side of the planet where Korey and Rhonda were staying.

Rochester seemed to be my best bet. So I forewarned him there would be no funny business and we got into a cab. Had he not known a mutual acaquaitance from college, I definitely would have refused. But he didn't seem sketchy, so off I went.

His apartment was nice and conversation flowed easily. We joked about sleeping on opposite sides of the bed. There were kisses exchanged here and there but I did not allow him to go so far as to even lift up my dress. I told him I was not "that girl from the bar" and that I never go home with strangers. He assured me that he rarely took girls home, had recently broken up with his girlfriend, and that he did not view me as "that girl" at all. We chatted and spooned until dawn began to break, and then passed out for two hours or so. I got up early to leave and Rochester seemed disappointed. He asked for my phone number and I of course, gave it to him but joked that I doubted I'd hear from him.

To my surprise I got a text the next day about what a great time he'd had, and we made plans to meet up the following weekend. Unfortunately, plans fell through and we did not see each other. He called me late night to possibly meet up, and even texted me the next day expressing his disappointment that we couldn't. But I am still stunned by how nice and respectful he was. Though he hasn't contacted me in over a week, I wonder if I should make the first move to say hello. After all, he was nice enough to respect my shot at being prude and have an innocent sleepover. But maybe it's been too long. Once again, I am left confused.

2 comments:

  1. if he's cute, do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a move!!! Just a quick hey how you doing text and try to arrange to meet when you're in the city again. I think this guy deserves a chance :)

    ReplyDelete