Sunday, May 17, 2009

Maybe In A Few Years?

I recently ran into one of my guy friends. Shortly after we started catching up, he started asking me when we were getting married and when I was having his babies. I laughed this off and went along with it, thinking he was just being silly. When he met up with my friends and me this weekend, he started saying the same thing as soon as he saw me. I once again laughed it off and went along with it, but the following morning I pondered why my friend finds this premature proposal so amusing.

Part of me thinks this is just a playful flirtation with no deeper meaning. This part is probably right.

But the overly analytical part of me thinks that perhaps my friend may actually want to date me sometime in the future. Clearly talks of marriage are out of the question. But I can only hope that in a few years, something will happen. I never thought of him as someone I'd like to date, but maybe he doesn't feel the same. He's a nice guy and we have a great time together. He made it a point to tell me how well he treats girls. I could easily be one of them, right?

I am, most likely, reading into this far too deeply. Except I like that little glimmer of hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment