Wednesday, May 13, 2009

That Special Spark

My friend Janelle has been casually talking to a guy from work. He has essentially confessed his love to her and she says he looks at her like she is the only woman in the room. He unfortunately has a girlfriend, but she says that have a remarkable sexual attraction to each other. This alleged girlfriend has also not stopped him from pursuing her for coffee dates or make outs at the bar. There is just something there neither of them can describe.

I recently met a tall, dark and handsome fellow. He was by no means Brad Pitt, but for some reason I was drawn to him. It could have been his preppy ensemble, consisting of ribbon belt, pink shirt, khakis, and loafers, but I think there was something else. We hit it off immediately and spent the rest of the night tearing up the dance floor. Even after the lights turned on, we continued to chat up a storm and even shared a few pecks here and there. We exchanged numbers and he has often popped into my head since that night. But what is it that made him so much better than the others?

The only thing I can attribute the magnetism to is chemistry. That spark. The inexplicable attraction to the opposite sex. There is something that sets this guy apart from the rest. And I must admit, it's an amazing thing to find. If we can. Whether it's great sex or great conversation, is it so wrong to want to wait for it? Why settle for someone when the kissing is just alright or the conversation forced? I refuse to. If I can find someone who complements me in such a way that I can't get him out of my head, I'd much prefer that over settling for someone who's good to keep around because he pays for dinner. And if Janelle and her Coffee Boy have such an attraction, why let the girlfriend keep him away? No, chemistry doesn't justify cheating. But maybe it's not cheating, it's a twist of fate.

2 comments:

  1. the last paragraph is AH-MAZING! 110%, above and beyond agree ;)

    ReplyDelete