Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Mysterious Stranger

I check out everyone. I (not always discreetly) find myself giving others the once over and noting their cute shoes or nice eyes in my head. When I see couples or families I like to make up stories about where they might be going. But what I have most recently begun thinking about is how mysterious strangers are so damn sexy sometimes.

I take the train to work and it has proven the perfect place for checking out hot men, primarily in the over-30 age range. Usually adding to the sex appeal is the fact that these men are definitely employed at reasonable jobs, and are wearing sexy business attire. There is one man I see (literally) every day on my trains both to and from work. He is well dressed, maybe 35 with beautiful green eyes and a very nice physique. If his ring is any indication, he is (like many of them are) married. (Side Note: Since I begun commuting, I find myself glancing at most every man's left hand). He is very fun to look at, and I often wonder where it is he goes to work after that tedious train ride.

The best part about these sexy strangers is that I know the chance of me ever doing something so crazy as to talk to them is basically zero. Yes, I suppose I could make a comment about the weather or the timeliness of the train. But I much prefer staring. Every Day guy is very fun to look at, but I had the unfortunate experience of actually hearing him talk. His voice was rather high pitched and goofy and did not go with his look. He has now lost a considerable amount of mystery and therefore even more appeal.

Another thing about these people I so often check out is that if that little crush-from-afar is ever realized, it is never half as good as the day dreams. There were lots of kids in my classes and such who I had a mini-crush on, simply because they had some sort of weird appeal. And whenever I had the opportunity to talk to (or sometimes make out with) them, it was incredibly disappointing. Once the mystery fades, it seems that the real thing can never be as good as the fantasy. I'll just keep staring for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment