Friday, May 8, 2009

My Bad?

Remember PCw?

He ended up calling the Wednesday after we met. Conversation was kept short and sweet, and he said Porter told him we'd be going to the bar on Saturday. I told him we were and we decided we'd see each other there. I was getting excited to see what potential PCw had. Moments after we arrived, so did he. I expected he'd bring his friends, but instead he arrived with Port, immediately setting off mental alarms that this was far too much for me to handle.

We talked. He bought my drinks. I even went with him to another bar to see his friend (I was supposed to see one of mine as well but she never showed). Upon returning to the original bar, I was upset that I had left my friends for this kid and wanted to mingle with the crowd. There were new faces and people I hadn't see in a while, and I was forced to entertain this kid I barely knew. Nevermind I was driving and he was trying to feed me shots of Cuervo. It started to get irritating, so I made several incredibly poor attempts to run away. Every time I would go to talk to someone else, SURPRISE! There he was, steps behind me. WHAT THE HELL?

Despite the fact that I was annoyed, I did enjoy the attention and felt bad for the poor kid, following me around like a little puppy (ironically his eyes are also rather puppy dog-like). So I let him put his hands on me and what not but did not allow him to kiss me. Especially not in front of all these people (a few of whom I had an interest in pursuing). He said maybe we could hang out during the week and I reluctantly agreed. Finally, after I kept running and he kept following, the lights turned on to signal last call. My relief was inexplicable.

I made my way outside and said I'd talk to PCw soon. I went to find the people I was chauffeuring home, leaving PCw to linger. And linger he did. While talking to a (decently attractive) friend of a friend, he mentioned he didn't talk to me because he thought "that kid was your boyfriend".

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

I told him that I do not believe in relationships. While this is not entirely true, I knew PCw was within ear shot and hoped that they both understand I am not looking to become The Attached Friend anytime soon.

PCw texted me after we finally parted ways and said he had a great time and that he wanted to hang out soon. Unfortunately, we're going on a week and I have gotten nothing from him. Porter, our mutual friend, has said in the past that I "always eff it up". So have I done it again?

1 comment:

  1. No way did you eff up! PCw was far to aggressive for the first meet up... it wasn't a date or anything like that but just a bunch of friends meeting up at the bar. The fact another guy even thought he was your boyfriend really shows this kid was to agressive

    ReplyDelete