Sunday, June 14, 2009

Guilty Conscience

This weekend I went out in the city to celebrate Seraphina's birthday. Belinda's boyfriend met us at the bar and introduced me to his friend, let's just call him Vineyard Vines. They had been trying to set me up with VV for quite some time because he was apparently funny, smart and "totally my type".

VV and I made some attempts at conversation. I was bored (and much more interested in my friend who came to meet me) so I bopped around the bar and didn't pay him much mind. Not a long while later, I was feeling guilt tripped by Belinda's boyfriend so I tried to talk to him. He bought me a drink. We briefly chatted about our jobs. The conversation was forced, and he did not crack a joke or a smile. Clearly not funny at all. Uninterested, I then wandered off to chat with Aurelia. On my way back, VV just went in for a kiss. Drunk and confused, I let him give me a little peck but continued walking.

I wandered back and forth between him and my other friends, and then he tried smooching me again. I wasn't feeling it, but in my attempts to be nice I stood near him anyways.

At which point he started trying to finger me outside of my fabulous white jeans.

Um. Ew?

I moved away but he pulled me back and tried again. Then began asking me to go home with him. I told him no, and he asked again. As if I had given him some sort of indication by pulling away that I wanted to go home with him! Although I found the fact that he was left handed rather sexy (and enjoyed his preppy ensemble), that's where my attraction ended. I had no desire whatsoever to talk to this character at the bar, nevermind wake up next to him the following morning. I was perturbed by his behavior and majorly turned off to the idea of meeting a friend's boyfriend's friend after that. And I felt like I was in high school being publicly felt up OUTSIDE of my pants (This is better than if his hands were inside my pants but then again I would have had much more control over that happening). I really have no idea what in his drunken mind thought that this would in fact, persuade me to go back to his apartment. But I do know that next time I am not interested in someone, I'm not letting guilt lead me back to him.

3 comments:

  1. Sleazy mofo...reminds me exactly why men suck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely sleazy!!! I don't care how drunk he was, that is just NOT ok. I'd like to know at what point he thought "hey, this is a great idea!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew! Omg what a weirdo! I'm glad he didn't try to go in your pants, but OVER the pants?!? What a weirdo!

    ReplyDelete