Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Waiting for Prince Charming

Korey recently broke up with a...psycho with bi-polar tendencies. To put it delicately. He was Mr. Right Now and when they talk now it's always cruel bickering. She has concluded she liked the idea of having a boyfriend (at the time) more than thinking they were destined to be together forever.

She now realizes after settling for him that she'd like to fall for the right guy next time. Prince Charming.

As I have said previously, I do not want to settle for anyone. And I'm glad Korey has now adopted a similar attitude. This person does not have to become my husband or anything, because the idea of marriage or anything like that is totally over my head. But it's funny, because my dear friends Janelle, Seraphina, Belinda and I always end up talking about "husband-hunting" (to quote Janelle) and the future.

Scary right?

As the perpetually Single Friend, I have always joked that I am never going to get married. If so, I picture myself being not unlike Katherine Heigl's character in 27 Dresses. I even have the over-stuffed leather day planner. But when discussing who of us 4 BFFs would end up married first, Janelle concluded that it would be me. I made some sort of sarcastic comment, but she said she thinks some guy will just "sweep me off my feet and that would be it".

I realized she might not be so far off. I just don't want to date someone for the sake of doing it, if I don't have real feelings for them. Although the idea of my Prince Charming coming is a bit unrealistic, Korey and I think that he has got to be out there somewhere. No one is perfect and we understand this. But why not wait and see?

1 comment:

  1. such a scary thought... there are so many people out there! how can you be sure that by being picky you're not completely over-looking Mr. Right? And let's not forget, sometimes you need to kiss a few frogs to figure out what you're NOT looking for :)

    ReplyDelete