Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've Answered My Own Question

I must say, I looked absolutely fabulous at Drexel's graduation party. The one where I realized I might be a bit too promiscuous to keep my Good Girl Single Friend rep in tact. My friends were very complimentary and I noticed a certain guest giving me a particularly intense gaze for most of the night.

This is not to say I went in with the intention of getting blackout drunk or hooking up with anyone.

But once again, my good intentions rarely mean anything after a beer or seven.

I was pretty social and made the rounds. Liquid courage may have caused me to say things a little sillier than before I chugged that fifth Bud Heavy, but I continued drinking. Wrongly thinking I can handle my liquor as always.

It quickly got dark and we all gathered around the bonfire.

Once the sun went down, my memory seems to have shut down as well. I vaguely recall talking to my friend Drexel's 19-year old little brother, but not totally throwing myself at him. However, my sources tell me that I was sitting on the Little Brother's lap. And then our chair fell over. But instead of getting up (and retaining any dignity), we had a full on make out session on the lawn. Rolling around like little squirrels is how I picture it. This explains the various cuts and bruises I have found on my legs in the days following this alleged incident.

Fast forward to 5:59 AM Sunday morning. I woke up and was surprised to find myself in a bed. I looked around to make sense of my surroundings, and the first things I saw were...Oh No.

A condom wrapper and my panties, staring at me from the hardwood floor.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

I looked at myself under the covers and noticed that I was still wearing a bra. One less thing I'd have to gather up. I quietly put my dress back on to sneak out of the room. I texted my best friend Seraphina to inform her of my little blunder, and realized I was also unable to locate my shoes.

Clearly I would not be able to make a quick escape.

Surprisingly, Seraphina was awake at this unGodly hour, so I snuck downstairs, climbing over my friends and their various passed-out bodies. I consulted Seraphina, who was quite amused at the fact that the Little Brother is younger than my little sister. We tried to figure out what I should do next. Korey was upstairs with Drexel and we drove to the party together. I called her despite the fact that it was now only 6:30 am. I think I was still drunk and that is the only way I can justify such phone calls.

Korey was not happy to be woken up and I remained shameful and shoeless in Drexel's house. Joining my friends on the floor looked rather painful so, against Seraphina's advice, I was forced to retreat upstairs to the Little Brother's room. Thankfully I passed out for another hour or so.

Waking up with the Little Brother wasn't awkward. We chatted briefly and went downstairs together, getting a few laughs from my now-awake friends scattered in the living room. Having no idea how I got to his room, I figured everyone now knew what happened (if they didn't before). Bottles of water were passed around to nurse our hangovers and we all discussed dreading our various drives home. Korey and I located my shoes and then said good-bye to Drexel's parents and...the Little Brother.

Who said he was sure that we'd talk again soon. Nice one, Lil Bro. As if.

But my number is now apparently increased by one. At that very party causing me to question my sluttiness. Signs are pointing to yes.

1 comment: