Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Jealous Friend

Many, dare I say most, girls are insecure about boys in some way, shape, or form. For whatever reason it may be, girls always seem to want boys to want them. And we all have different ways of showing it and acting upon our feelings. Some girls will go after what they want no matter what the repercussions. And some girls don't know what they want until someone else has it.

I was recently thinking back to when I used to hook up with/sort of a date a kid at school. It was one of those normal college situations where you hang out and such but don't actually go on dates. The two of us would often find ourselves hanging out with his roommate and another girl. This girl, to put it delicately, was very much up my ass and liked to point out our apparent similarities, many of which were far from true. In any case, she thought we were so much the same she also seemed to think it was okay to hang all over the boy I was hooking up with.

Shamelessly.

I pointed this out to him at my 21st birthday party. He laughed it off and told me he wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot pole. You see, she had even more of a penchant for frat boys than I did. She actually seemed to be proud of the fact that she'd slept with approximately ten guys in the same fraternity, some of them involved with our own sorority sisters. It's as if she liked the idea of having what someone else had. Specifically me. Constantly pointing out how much we were alike, even though I was obviously better looking and more well-liked, really got under my skin. And trying to be all over the boy? Worse. She tagged along when we hung out alone. Talk about a cock block. If I had liked her enough or didn't think she had bad intentions, I would have laughed this off. But why is it that girls like her always want what we have? Can't they go find their own boy to like? Instead of ruining my fun? I just don't get it. Yes, we have insecurities. But to make me feel insecure because she was is just plain terrible. Her jealousy was so obvious and made her such a toxic friend. I'm glad I gave her the boot and she will no longer follow me around and go after my....everything. I just hope that I no longer have to worry about psycho-jealous friends going after what I have.

Jealous friends are just such an issue when it comes to guys. If they aren't jealous that you're dating a great guy and trying to get in his pants, they whine about how much time you spend together. Going from free and single to hooking up with someone is bound to bring changes. How girlfriends handle it really shows who the true ones are.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! Girl needs to get her OWN life and start living it for herself, not thru you or anyone else for that matter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are no longer associating with this person... she is a BAD friend.
    And good point about friends bitching when you get a boyfriend - don't hate, congratulate!

    ReplyDelete