Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beer Goggles Boy?

While at a club with the girls on Saturday, I was being quite the social butterfly. I remember making lots of new friends and exchanging numbers with a couple of them. Luckily, despite copious amounts of vodka, I have a relatively firm grasp of the many ridiculous occurrences throughout the night.

When the four of us woke up, we obviously all checked our phones. I had an outgoing text that said a boy's first and (possibly misspelled?) last name. Disregarding this drunken escapade, I laughed it off with the girls and we went out our way.

To my surprise, this mystery number with a 413 area code texted me later that night. We went back and forth, and he used an overwhelming amount of exclamation points. Example:

413 Guy: Ok well we should hangout soon! Sometime!
Single Friend: Where are you from again? MA I'm guessing?
413 Guy: Ya Springfield area!

His over-excitement was entertaining to me (as these totally random guys usually are) so this went back and forth for a while. He then asked me if I had Facebook so I obviously said yes and he friended me a few minutes later. He did not have many photos, but he was actually pretty hot! After I accepted, I returned his enthusiasm with a "We're friends!" text.

And I have not heard back at all. Perhaps he was turned off by the fact that my Facebook photo is not of my face? Or maybe he doesn't remember me? Thought I was someone else? Beer Goggles may have gotten the best of both of us that night.

1 comment: