Sunday, April 12, 2009

Too Pretty?

At a recent family gathering, I got asked the infamous "Do you have a boyfriend?" many times over. And of course the answer is always one of a few different cliches.

Nope. Not right now. I don't have time. I'm focusing on work. Blah, blah, blah.

But this particular time, a cousin or whoever told me "You're too pretty to have a boyfriend".

What? When I told Korey this, she said "What does that even mean?"

Not sure. What does that mean? If I was a dead-ringer for Gisele Bundchen, I would understand this statement. But I do not think being slightly above-average really qualifies me as too pretty to have a boyfriend. Is it just because my relatives have run out of other reassurances when my answer to the perpetual question is no? Or perhaps they genuinely think I'm too pretty (Clearly they don't get out much). I don't think I am single solely because of my looks. Although somewhat complimenatry, this comment made me feel no better or worse about my current relationship status. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment