Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Cock Blocks

I enjoy going out in a co-ed group nearly as much as I love going out with the girls. Unfortunately, the presence of boys seems to prove a double-edged sword.

On one hand, the creeps tend to stay away. Or if they do approach, it is easy to pretend that one of my platonic relationships is quite the opposite.

On the other hand, the hottie across the bar may think twice about coming over or offering to buy me a drink. If it's true that guys fear rejection as much as we do, why risk it when I'm surrounded by guys? I can't say I'd blame him for it. It's obvious why this cock-blocking occurs. But I hate to think that someone worthwhile has passed by simply because I was chatting with my guy friend rather than girl friend. I also like to think that you can usually tell when two people are a couple versus just friends. The way she eyes him, how he places his hand on her back or just the way they look together. Not that this is always true. It's just kind of annoying that from the outside, your best friend can look more like your boyfriend. And thus repel that sexy guy across the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment